fredag den 21. november 2008


This is what it looks like after a forty minutes long chat about breakdowns with animator Meelis Arulep. Meelis was teaching the second year students and I was lucky enough to get some time with him at my workspace.
I wanted to hear about his aproach to a scene once he has his keys down and is about to start doing the breakdowns. Timing is a factor one cannot ignore in this conversation, so we also got into timecharts and how he makes best use of those.
The breakdown is the drawing that defines the arc of the respective motion and thereby makes an action unique to a character. This is how I would describe the breakdown. After talking to Meelis there were a few other aspects thrown into the equation.
I have been thinking a lot in arcs when doing my breakdowns, and not as much in shape. Change of shape from keypose to keypose, yes, but to use the breakdown as a third unique shape is something I look forward to try out.
Today I will start doing breakdowns for my scene and I am very eager to see what the study will result in.
A big thank you to Meelis for taking the time to answer some of my questions. I'll end with a quote that I plan to follow : "Animate! You don't have to prove to anyone that you can draw! Animate man...!" Meelis Arulep 20/11-08

Ingen kommentarer: